Monday, February 16, 2015

Steampunk Pajamas, pair number 2!

I wish I had a good reason for why I decided to make a second pair of pajamas, versus working on bits to finish up costumes for the upcoming convention I am going to.  The best excuse I have is that I shrunk a t-shirt, which I bought at said convention a couple of years ago, and this allowed me to refashion it into pajamas.


Here is the above mentioned shirt from Wild Wild West Convention 2 in 2013.  Many consider Tesla as the leading inventor whose works would be used in the alternate universe of Steampunk.  I loved this play on words for the shirt and was super sad that I shrunk it, in the wash.


To make the shirt fit through the arms and lower torso, I cut slits in the sleeves and bottom sides of the shirt.  I added an eyelet lace and laces ribbon through the eyelets, mimicking corset lacing.  I also cut the neck of the shirt into a more boatneck like style.  Overall, I am pretty happy with how it came out!
  

For the bottoms, I made shorts using the pajama bottoms pattern for Simplicity 9871.  I only modified it by cutting the fabric off at 18 inches to make the shorts, versus pants.  Then I added black eyelet trim and threaded it with a tan ribbon.
This pj pair definitely has more of the steampunk theme I was originally had in mind when envisioning steampunk loungewear.


No comments:

Post a Comment