Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Outfit Number 1 for Wild Wild West Con IV




I am in the process of gearing up for Wild Wild West Con IV (www.wildwestcon.com), coming up the first full weekend in March.  This is the outfit I plan on wearing on Saturday night.  I am planning on wearing a utility belt, head gear and black lace gloves to finish the look.  This outfit is using petticoats and a 4 Gore skirt that I had made almost two years ago.  The new pieces are the front apron/bustle and the peasant shirt.  The corset is one I bought online a while ago.


For the shirt I used the Simplicity Pirates of the Caribbean pattern number 3677 as the base.  I found the fabric for the shirt in the remnant section at a local fabric store.  Unfortunately, I ran out of material to do the long sleeves, so I altered it to make puffy sleeves and added a gold trimmed white lace around the neck line.  For having to work with the scraps of fabric to make the sleeves I am super happy for how it came out.

For the over-skirt, I asked for help from my friend Dalbeth (Diary of a Wandering Costumer).  I had never made a bustle on my own without a pattern and she was a great help! The front apron has 3 bunched areas down the middle, which ended up creating unexpected pockets to store stuff in!  To decorate the back of the skirt I added black bows and some cool copper buttons, to where the fabric was bunched.  

Here is the whole outfit together:







No comments:

Post a Comment