Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Steampunk Watch Cuff



In steampunk, I follow a beginners rule for costuming: Start with a Victorian base, then "PUNK" it.  I find that the easiest way to punk it up, is with accessories.



For this accessory, I found my inspiration on pinterest:

I believe this cuff is absolutely gorgeous, but in going about trying to create a version of this, I had to forgo the all metal cuff.  I just couldn't quite figure out how to get that to work.  Instead I opted for a thin “fashion” leather base and sewed black/gold lace to the long edges.
image


I had a friend drill holes through the back of the pocket watch and rivet through a metal filigree piece into the leather band.  Lastly, I added gear conchs, rhinestones and gold lace.  Here is the finished product:
imageimage

No comments:

Post a Comment